All are welcome to learn about projects and contribute their ideas.
Monday, March 9, 2014 – new date and location!
6:30 – 8:00 pm
Scituate High School
606 Chief Justice Cushing Highway (3A), Sciutate, MA
Scituate High School Library
CBS Religion and Culture is coming to Scituate to film our coalition meeting on Monday night. Scituate FACTS was singled out as a group where many varying sectors of the community are coming together to make a difference.
Click here for a PDF of our meeting agenda (you can open with Adobe Acrobat Reader – a free program)
- Mindfulness in Scituate Public Schools – Greg Ranieri, Christine O’Shaugnessey
- BeWell Studios Friday Night Community Classes and Donation from – Jennifer Jensen
- Donations from South Coastal Bank Santa Hat Fundraiser in Scituate Harbor on 12/5 – Jen Secaur, Adam Conrad
- Prescription Drug Working Group – Share Opioid Brochure – Barbara Quinlan and Carol Lieb
- Random Acts of Kindness with Marshfield and Scituate Suicide Prevention Coalition –Laura Minier as Scituate volunteer coordinator – and Jen Lopes with Scituate’s utilization stats!
- CADCA Conference in D.C. – Rep. Cantwell – case studies from coalitions across the country – ideas for Prescription Drug Monitoring, coalition-building, etc.
Meetings with Senators and Congressmen
Recovery Support with a Brief Q&A
- Independence Academy – public recovery high school in Brockton Principal Ryan Morgan
- South Shore Peer Recovery Initiative – John Kimmett
- Scituate Overdose Prevention & Recovery Support – Chief Stewart, Lori McCarthy, Annmarie Galvin
Upcoming Community Events
- Friday Night Community Classes at BeWell Studios, 6:00-7:00pm, $5 suggested donation. Sign up at www.bewellstudios.net
- 3/14; 12-5:00 pm, The Nicola Maria Foundation’s “Be the Change” Fundraiser
– $25 tickets are available at Marilexi Salon on Cole Parkway.
- 3/19, 6:00-9:00 pm, The Scituate Mariner honors Annmarie Galvin, 2014 Citizen of the Year at The Barker Tavern, Scituate. $45 banquet tickets are available at The Inn at Scituate Harbor.
- 3/31, Morning Screening of “Choices.” The Steverman family will share P.J.’s story with Scituate High School seniors-only. Parents are welcome to the movie and Q&A.
- 4/7, 7:00-8:30 pm, The Middle Years Speaker Series: Steve Maguire “Hpw Not to be a Small Fishing Village with a Large Drinking Problem” Scituate Harbor Community Building, 44 Jericho Road. All parents/caregivers welcome.
- 4/12, The South Shore Peer Recovery Initiative is marching in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade! Please email Joy to participate, email@example.com
- 4/15, 6:30 pm, “The Teen Brain & SHS Substance Use Trends” Dr. Sion Kim Harris of Boston Children’s Hospital, Pre-Prom event for juniors and their parents – all are welcome (teens and parents). Scituate High School Auditorium.
- 4/19 Reaching Out, 1:00 pm– Gosnold Family Support Meeting begins in Scituate. All towns are welcome to The Scituate Senior Center, 27 Brook Street, Scituate Harbor. Group facilitated by Holly Carroll, LADC and Family Interventionist.
- May Guiding Good Choices Registration is Open: Tuesday Evening Group, and Wednesday evening Groups begin–– 4-part parent workshop series, register at www.scituateFACTS.org
Volunteers Needed – email Annmarie Galvin at ScituateFACTS@gmail.com — and follow us on Facebook!
- Assist with event set up on 4/7 at Scituate Harbor Community Building (key., chairs, sign in,. welcome)
- Draft Coalition By-Laws
- Coalition Meeting Minutes Taker – 5X per year
More Open Coalition Meetings – All are welcome!
- 5/18, 6:30-8:00 pm, Open Coalition Meeting, The Scituate FACTS Coalition, Location TBA.
photo by: Ann-Marie Rollo – www.amrollo.com
“There are many pieces to this puzzle – prevention, early intervention, harm reduction, treatment, and recovery support,” said Annmarie Galvin, co-chairwoman of the Scituate FACTS Coalition, and Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator for the Town of Scituate. “Your participation matters.”
See more at: http://scituate.wickedlocal.com/article/20150110/NEWS/sthash.xm16fDej.gbpl#sthash.Z9W8gxYS.dpuf