Click link below to print the Scituate FACTS Vaping FAQ document!
This one is most recent>>> VapingUpdate2019.revise
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health http://makesmokinghistory.org/dangers-of-vaping/
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health -FAQ’s About Vaping: http://files.hria.org/files/TC3480.pdf
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health – How to Talk to Your Kids About Vaping: http://files.hria.org/files/TC3479.pdf
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health – The New Look of Nicotine Addiction: http://files.hria.org/files/TC3477.pdf
- CDC: Vitalsigns e-Cigs: http://bit.ly/2vZ34E0
- CDC: Know the Risks: e-Cigs and Young People: http://bit.ly/2t1vhpW
- CDC: E-Cigarette Fact Sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/factsheet/index.html
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids https://www.tobaccofreekids.org/assets/factsheets/0394.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse – Electronic Cigarettes: https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/drugfacts-ecig.pdf=
- E-Cigarette Prevention: CATCH My Breath – CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health). A youth e-cigarette prevention program targeting ages 11-18. The program is divided into 4 sessions lasting 35-40 minutes each and uses a variety of educational strategies including: cooperative learning groups, group discussions, goal setting, interviews, and analyzing mass media.
- The Tobacco Prevention Toolkit – Stanford University School of Medicine. A toolkit for teachers with in-classroom units and lesson plans on e-cigarettes, tobacco, and nicotine. The toolkit includes PowerPoints, discussion guides, worksheets, and activities.
- ASPIRE – MD Anderson Center. ASPIRE is a free, bilingual, online tool that helps middle and high school teens learn about being tobacco free.
- smokeSCREEN: A Smoking Prevention Videogame – play2PREVENT
- Get Smart about Tobacco: Health and Science Education Program – Scholastic
- The Real Cost of Vaping: Understanding the Dangers of Teen E-cigarette Use – For grades 9-12, information and a single lesson plan from a collaboration between the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Scholastic.
- Smokefree Teen – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Project CONNECT Groups are offered in SPS (with summer 2019 group in the works) – https://www.caron.org/our-programs/education-alliance/student-assistance-program/project-connect
- Truth Initiative just launched these texting tips to quit vaping/JUULing: Text Quit to 202-804-9884
- Talk to an expert for cessation help– 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)